Difference between revisions of "Events:home"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
=== January ===
=== January ===
* '''1 January''': PEL
* '''1 January''': PEL you a happy new year!
== 2012 ==
== 2012 ==
Revision as of 23:00, 7 January 2013
- 1 January: PEL wishes you a happy new year!
- 20 November: Final year PEL PhD candidate Sebastian Robitzsch showcases his Wireless Mesh Network at the Campus Company Development Programme Awards Evening. See more.
- 17 November: PEL is having a demo at UCD Open Day, showcasing Quentin's distributed simulation.
- 14 November: Ulrich will be giving Python Ireland Group a talk on "DevOps 101 with Python". See more.
- 22 October: Welcome to Shen Wang, new PhD student in the group. See more.
- 20 October: The paper 'A Comparative Study of Vehicles' Routing Algorithms for Route Planning in Smart Cities' by Vi Tran Ngoc Nha, Soufiene Djahel and John Murphy has been accepted for publication at The first international workshop on Vehicular Traffic Management for Smart Cities (VTM 2012).
- 19 October: It's our pleasure to let everyone know that Patrick Mc Donagh passed his PhD viva today. See more.
- 17 October: It's our pleasure to let everyone know that Miao Wang passed his Ph.D. viva today. See more.
- 25 September: The paper 'SParTSim: A Space Partitioning Guided by Road Network for Distributed Traffic Simulations' by Anthony Ventresque, Quentin Bragard, Elvis S. Liu, Dawid Nowak, Liam Murphy, Georgios Theodoropoulos and Jacky Qi Liu has been accepted for publication at IEEE/ACM Distributed Simulations and Real-Time Applications (DS-RT 2012).
- 17 September: Dr. John Fitzpatrick has been selected to present at Enterprise Irelands Big Ideas Showcase taking place this November with Forkstream. See more.
- 23 August: Welcome to Ulrich Dangel, new PhD student in the group. See more.
- 14 August: \o/ LogEntries Raises $1M to join the big data log management crowd. See more.
- 16 July: It's our pleasure to let everyone know that Enda Fallon passed his Ph.D. viva today. See more.
- 12 July: The paper 'Fast and Efficient Countermeasure for MAC Layer Misbehavior in MANETs' by Soufiene Djahel, Zonghua Zhang, Farid Naït-Abdesselam and John Murphy has been accepted for publication at IEEE Wireless Communications Letters.
- 2 July: The paper 'Improving Software Security using Search-Based Refactoring' by Shadi Ghaith and Mel Ó Cinnéide has been accepted for publication at the 4th International Symposium on Search-Based Software Engineering (SSBSE'12)
- 2 July: The paper 'A Hidden Markov Model based Scheme for Efficient and Fast Dissemination of Safety Messages in VANETs' by Imane Horiya Brahmi, Soufiene Djahel and Yacine Ghamri-Doudane has been accepted for publication at IEEE Globecom 2012.
- 27 June: Toyotaro Suzumura (IBM and Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan) is giving a talk for PEL-UCD: X10-based Massive Parallel Large- Scale Traffic Flow Simulation.
- 1 June: Soufiene Djahel, Liam Murphy, Dawid Nowak and Anthony Ventresque are organisers of a special session at the 16th IEEE/ACM DS-RT 2012. See more.
- 8 May: Welcome to Vi Tran Ngoc Nha, new PhD student in the group. See more.
- 16 April: The paper 'Analysis and Validation of the Maximal Reasonable Link Group Size in Static 802.11a Wireless Mesh Networks: A Study Towards Channel Assignment' by Sebastian Robitzsch and Liam Murphy has been accepted for publication at IEEE HotMESH'12.
- 23 February: Welcome to Saima Arif, new PhD student in the group. See more.
- 17 January: Congratulations to a Cristian Olariu, John Fitzpatrick and Liam Murphy who won the overall best paper award at IEEE/COMSOC CCNC 2012 (Consumer Communications and Networking Conference) See more.
- 7 November: Welcome to Somnath Mazumdar, new PhD student in the group. See more.