Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 23 February: Welcome to Saima Arif, new PhD student in the group. She has Master degree in computer Science from Fatima Jinnah Women University Rawalpindi, Pakistan in August 2007. She worked in the same University as Teaching Assistant for one year. I worked in Software house (Buraq Integrated Solutions) as a Technical Writer for one year. From October 2009 to November 2011, I did research work in the department of computer science at the University of Warwick, UK with Dr. Sarabjot Singh Anand, Dr. Arshad Jhumka and Matthew Leeke. In particular we investigated the ability to learn classification models from data sets with a skewed class distribution, using Genetic Algorithm for dimensionality reduction and developed optimized and low dimensional models for prediction. The approach has been successfully applied on datasets from different application domains, including dependability, keystroke dynamics (for computer security), recommender systems and intrusion detection (computer security).
- 1 February: Welcome to Soufiene Djahel, new research fellow in the group. Dr. Soufiene Djahel is mainly involved in TRAFFIC project. In 2011, he was a postdoc fellow at ENSIIE where he was involved in a research project aiming at designing communication protocols for Hybrid Sensor and Vehicular Networks (HSVNs). He got his Ph.D degree in computer science in December 2010 from university of Lille1, France. The research interests of Soufiene Djahel fall under the field of wireless networking with main focus on communication protocols design and security in MANETs, WMNs, VANETs and WSNs.
- 23 January: Welcome to Anthony Ventresque, new research fellow in the group. Anthony studied both Computer Science and Philosophy. He obtained a Master degree in Philosophy (2001), got a Master degree in Computer Science and a PhD in 2008 in University of Nantes, France. He was research and teaching assistant during year 2009 at University of Nantes and a research fellow since 2010 till 2011 in Nanyang Technological University.
- 23 January: Welcome to Andres Omar Portillo Dominguez, new PhD student in the group. Do not worry about his long name, he prefers to be called Omar.
- 7 November: Welcome to Somnath Mazumdar, new PhD student in the group. Somnath completed his Master of Science in Ubiquitous Networking and Computing from France.